Books and DVD’s
There are so many wonderful books out on the market but there are also some not so good resources. Below are all books that I have read and found to be full of good accurate information. I will update this section as I find more great books.
• Orgasmic Birth
• The Business of Being Born
• Birth in the Squatting Position
• Birth Day
• Baby, Baby, Oh Baby
• Birthing From Within by Pam England CNM, MA and Rob Horowitz PhD
• Gentle Birth Choices by Barbara Harper
• Gentle Birth, Gentle Mothering by Sarah Buckley, MD
• Green Babies, Sage Moms by Linda Fassa
• Ina May’s Guide to Childbirth by Ina May Gaskin
• Natural Childbirth the Bradley Way by Susan McCutcheon-Rosegg, Erick Ingraham, and Robert A. Bradley
• Naturally Healthy Pregnancy by Aviva Jill Romm
• Pushed by Jennifer Block
• Spiritual Midwifery by Ina May Gaskin
• The Thinking Woman’s Guide to a Better Birth by Henci Goer
• The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding by La Leche League
California Association of Midwives
Citizens for Midwifery
Ina May Gaskin, midwife, author and birth activist
Midwives Alliance of North America
Midwifery Today Magazine
North American Registry of Midwives
Pregnancy and Birth:
Birthing Naturally–Natural childbirth
Kelly Mom Breastfeeding and Parenting
La Leche League International
Mothers Naturally–Natural childbirth and midwifery care
One World Birth
Spinning Babies–A website on fetal positioning
The Bradley Method childbirth classes
The Business of Being Born
Wise Woman Herbal for the Childbearing Year
Coalition for Improving Maternity Services
Natural vs. Synthetic Vitamins
International Cesarean Awareness Network
The Birth Survey
The Safe Motherhood Quilt Project
Below are lists of local professionals whom I have had personal experience with. I will update this section as I get to know more working professionals that I can recommend.
Apparel and Accessories
http://www.facebook.com and search for “Somebody’s Honey”
Handmade Apparel and Accessories for Newborn to Adults. Custom orders welcomed.
Marcia D. Connelly L.Ac.
Licensed Accupuncturist and Herbalist
Cindi Ignatovsky, L.Ac
BABI: Bay Area Birth Information
I personally cannot recommend all the providers in the directory but BABI is an amazing resource for an assortment of classes, providers and information.
Dr. Marilyn Moss, DC
Neurolink Chiropractic Dr. Paul Quarneri D.C., D.A.C.N.B., F.A.C.F.N.
Erin Mullery Adler, M.S., Marriage & Family Therapist Registered Intern IMF57699
Clinical Supervisor: Sharon Graff, LMFT 42703
Counseling for Couples, Individuals, Parents, Families; All Ages.
*Bridget Owen MH, CLC
*Nursing Mothers Council
831-688-3854 (Santa Cruz) 650-327-MILK (San Francisco Bay)
Free breastfeeding support in your home.
*Bianca Schmidt CMT
Certified in Prenatal and Infant massage and traditional Swedish massage including acupressure, trigger point work, and deep tissue.
*Robin Cooley CMP
Integrative Swedish massage including reflexology, trigger point, deep tissue, and pre/postnatal massage.
Bianca Schmidt CMT
Patricia Reber-Weltz DO